French-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs app for iPhone and iPad
Top-selling dictionary app since 2008 • Every translation you need plus verb conjugations in all tenses • No internet connection required.
"For serious language students and translators who are looking for more precision." - The New York Times
Featured by Apple as "Whats Hot" and "Staff Favorite"
"It is a very easy to use, tremendously helpful and valuable addition for learning the language and traveling. I have found it a pleasure to use and it has exceeded my expectations in every way and has not yet let me down in any way. A terrific app."
"I bought this dictionary in August 2010, and six months later in February 2011 I still use this Ultralingua dictionary daily. I am majoring in French and I find this dictionary very accurate and helpful. $19.99 may seem more than other French dictionaries out there, but this one is great because it doesnt require an Internet connection and it provides thousands of words. I highly recommend this dictionary."
Ultralingua makes apps for people who love languages. Our French-English dictionary has all the definitions and translations you need, along with extra features that help you get the most out of the dictionary.
The verb conjugation tool has complete conjugations for thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator converts numerals into French or English text instantly.
• Over 85,000 entries with 270,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apples built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search finds results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of French and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds root words and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• Conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into French and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from French-English to English-French
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
Pros and cons of French-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs app for iPhone and iPad
French-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs app good for
Previously it was a very good program to use and it is now very much better and easier to use in every way. Thank you very much. However, like several users, I dont find the dictionary adequate and have to use others from time to time to find synonyms or various words which are not there, otherwise I love it.
Improvements Id love to see in coming versions:
- The app crashes when you search certain words, its always the same words. Its happened on about 4 different French words for me.
(So I dont have to keep a separate list of words not included in the app, so I can search everything in one app)
- ability to add new words to the dictionary
- ability to add other definitions/translations to words already in the dictionary
- ability to add phrases and their translated equivalents
- The "switch language" button is a bit too close to the x (clear search field) button
- more example usages/phrases such as the ones in real (book) dictionaries (Robert Collins, larousse, etc)
- many French expressions are translated into only UK expressions, and I have to then google the expression, itd be great to have US equivalents also
- ability to lock the screen orientation within the app (I use this app a lot while reading in bed)
This is one of the main apps I was excited for and its every bit as good as the desktop version and cheap to boot. With a great verb conjugation dictionary, its also much better than Wedict and well worth the price.
Works great so far. No idea what the other complaints are all about. $20 is a bit pricy though.
its pretty good and all but $20 is pretty steep for this app
its good in french class for me
so considering ill be using this for at least a yr
i guess $20 is somewhat worth it
i dont recommend this for a one time kind of use thing tho
Great app with a nicely implimented verb conjugation feature - with all the tenses (in both languages). Solid value, considering my two daughters are studying French & they (& I ) have this deep resource easily at hand.
Next feature request is for a voice synthesizer.
Some bad moments
I hate the new version, why did you change for such a crapy one. Totally pissef off
Please, fix this! When I click in the bar, nothing more works...
There is a bug because it does not turn as you turn the ipad.
I was about to update this app on my iPad but it was rerouted to app store and asked for my confirmation to pay 19.99 !!
A proverb says tha the best is the enemy of the good. I think that it is what happened with the Ultralingua dictionnaries (I have three of them), they are surely not more useful than the previous version!
And before I could chose the right one instantly by looking at the flag on their respective icon. Now I need to put on my reading glasses to read the barely readable text on the icon!
BRING BACK OLD INTERFACE - as option perhaps. OR FIVE NE MY MONEY BACK!!
The old design had its flaws (too thick, more taps necessary) but it was efficient. Now u have to scroll kilometres and miles of text to get to what I need and its not good on eye too.
word reference french,
english / french dictionary,
dictionary french english french,
verbos en ingles,
and other. So, download free French-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually French-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs iOS app used & searched for